Are you showing any symptoms of gum disease? Although gum disease is common, it is important to make sure that is dealt with as soon as possible. If any lifestyle habits or unhealthy eating habits exist, the risk for gum disease greatly increases as well. There are numerous symptoms to look out for to determine if gum disease is present:
– Look for signs of damaged gums that are frequently bleeding, especially after highly sensitive procedures such as eating, brushing, or flossing.
– If your teeth are extra sensitive or appear to be moving out of position, gum disease may be responsible.
– If your gums are pulling back away from your teeth, and it appears that they are receding and exposing more of a tooth’s root, gum disease may be the cause.
– If you are frequently suffering from bad breath, also known as halitosis, gum disease may be present.
– Gum disease can result in painful chewing when eating.
– Visible symptoms associated with gum disease include loose or separating teeth as well as pus or sores.
Are you interested in gum disease treatments in Middle River, Maryland? If so, you are welcome to schedule an appointment with Dr. Cindy Wassif at our dentist office by calling us at 410-687-1162. Wassif Family & Cosmetic Dentistry looks forward to enhancing your smile with gum disease treatments.